Special Need's Sensational Birthday Party!
_At B'moreAbilities Special Arts Center, llc. we believe that every child deserves to have a memorable birthday party filled with fun, laughter, family and friends. We understand the challenges associated with hosting a party for a child on the autism spectrum, and are dedicated to minimizing your stress and maximizing your child's enjoyment by offering the following recipe for success:
- Parties take place at our state-of-the-art facility, located in Essex Maryland (1546 Eastern Blvd. Essex Maryland, 21221), which is designed to appease the sensory needs of children on the spectrum. A soft color palette, gentle up-lighting, extra sound proofing, odorless paint and carpet, special sensory, gross motor and art rooms, and an adapted equipment, contribute to the calming environment.
_We will customize a party to accommodate the strengths and interests of your child, and promote an engaging experience for all participants. Themes, including but not limited to sports, animals, TV/movie/cartoon characters, can be incorporated into any party. Party options include:
- Dance Party (for ages 13 and older): Select a theme, choose your own songs, BASAC DJ's in training serve as DJ, dance with your friends, and enjoy snacks
- Rock star: 16 + Jam out as one of your favorite rock band or star. get the VIP treatment as you enjoy your birthday as a STAR!
- Young Rembrandt (Any Age) : Choose one of our many creative art projects, facilitated by a certified art therapist, including puppet making, collage, decorating picture frames, painting, and more.
- Sing, Dance & Be Merry ( Any Age) : Enjoy singing,
dancing/creative movement, interactive stories, musical instruments,
hands-on tactile experiences with sensory materials, and games involving
parachutes, scarves, bean bags, and more.
- At BASAC we believe the most effective way to work with children
on the autism spectrum is to combine explicit language instruction with
visual supports. We will customize support for your child's party -
including visual schedules, visual instructional materials, SmartBoard
activities, and more. Our facility is wheelchair accessible along with
certified wheelchair dance instructors, adaptive art supplies and more.
- Professionally trained specialists from BASAC will facilitate your child's party. Not only do they have tremendous experience working with children with many different disabilities but they are energetic, enthusiastic and compassionate.
- The number of facilitators (minimum of two) will vary depending on the number of participants.
- Parties can accommodate a maximum of 15 children. Prices vary depending on the number of participants.
- We encourage families to invite their children's classmates, neighborhood friends and family members (siblings, cousins).
- Each participant must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver.
- If desired, we will supply pizza, drinks (juice and water), and either birthday cake or cupcakes for the party. We are happy to provide Gluten Free Casein Free products upon request.
- We will create specialized goody bags for each participant with age-appropriate sensory items.
- Prices vary depending on the number of participants, the party theme, and the food selections. Common price range is $185.00-450.00
- For more information and to schedule a party, please contact Zoey Robinson-Budreski at 443-769-0507or Zbudreski.email@example.com
- Prior to all birthday parties, we encourage you to participate in a phone and/or in-person consult to communicate your desires, thus promoting a more fun, inclusive and memorable party that meets your child's individual strengths and needs.